Dear SCTE Member,
It's that time of year again when the Sooner State Chapter holds its annual election for the Board of Directors. Being part of the SCTE SSC board of directors is a rewarding experience for all who participate. SCTE Chapters provide local networking, professional development, and SCTE certification opportunities to SCTE current and prospective members in over 70 locations across the globe. SCTE's Chapter members are the most active in the Society and are dedicated to educating broadband technicians and engineers on the latest technologies and leadership skills necessary to be successful.
All SCTE members are invited to participate in all chapter events. In addition to educational seminars, chapters also offer:
- Testing opportunities for SCTE Certifications
- Vendor interaction through the Sooner State Chapter Vendor Day Event
- Competitive broadband competitions including a national competition - Cable-Tec Games
- Leadership opportunities through participation as an Officer of the Board
- Networking opportunities with local cable and broadband engineers
What to expect from the Sooner State Chapter?
The SSC board of directors is populated with outstanding individuals dedicated to their own careers and the careers of others they work with daily. An incoming board member's experience is rather predictable. He or she will likely be teamed with other more seasoned board members to work on one or more committees, such as training, membership, vendor day, Cable-Tec Games, or others.
- Nomination deadline is December 2nd, 2016
- Voting deadline is December 16th, 2016
- Elections committee certifies ballots and presents to Board by December 23rd, 2016
- Chapter announces election results to membership on December 30th, 2016
- First In-Person meeting of the new Board to be established after elections